18.08.2014 - NEWS
10.10.2018 - UPDATES
Rio Tinto Reveals Largest Fancy Purplish Red Diamond in New York
Rio Tinto (NYSE:RIO) has revealed its 2018 Argyle Pink Diamonds Tender in New York to collectors, connoisseurs and those in search of the incomparable, including the Argyle Muse™, the largest purplish red diamond ever offered at Tender.
Rio Tinto’s Argyle mine is the world’s only consistent source of rare pink, red and violet diamonds and the 2018 Argyle Pink Diamonds Tender is named ‘Magnificent Argyle’ in honor of Argyle’s role in charting the history of the world’s most coveted diamonds.
Rio Tinto Copper & Diamonds CEO Arnaud Soirat said “I am delighted to be in New York, the epicenter for rare fancy colored diamond collectors and a Key market for Rio Tinto’s Argyle diamonds.
“This is our 34th Argyle Pink Diamonds Tender and the potency of colors in this collection is a testament to the extraordinary Argyle ore body – rare fancy colored diamonds, created and limited by nature.
“The combination of strong demand and extremely limited world supply continues to support significant value appreciation for these stunning diamonds.”
The 63 diamonds in the 2018 Argyle Pink Diamonds Tender weigh a total of 51.48 carats including 5 Fancy Red diamonds, 2 Purplish Red diamonds and 3 Violet diamonds.
The collection comprises 6 ‘hero’ diamonds selected for their unique beauty and named to ensure there is a permanent record of their contribution to the history of the world’s most important diamonds.
- Lot 1: Argyle Muse™, 2.28 carat oval shaped Fancy Purplish Red diamond
- Lot 2: Argyle Alpha™, 3.14 carat emerald shaped Fancy Vivid Purplish Pink diamond
- Lot 3: Argyle Maestro™, 1.29 carat square radiant shaped Fancy Vivid Purplish Pink diamond
- Lot 4: Argyle Alchemy™, 1.57 carat princess shaped Fancy Dark Gray-Violet diamond
- Lot 5: Argyle Odyssey™, 2.08 carat round brilliant shaped Fancy Intense Pink diamond
- Lot 6: Argyle Mira™, 1.12 carat radiant shaped Fancy Red diamond
Have a terrific week.